Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Papertrey May Blog Hop and CFC#3

The blog hop at PTI this month is all about flowers. I made several cards using Year of the Flowers: Lily of the Valley. I am a clean and simple kind of girl, so my cards don't have a lot of frills and layers. I think the beauty of this image speaks for itself.



I chose a bright happy pink for my first card. I stamped in Memento Rose Bud and used Raspberry Fizz as the card base. I added some glitter to each lily for a little sparkle. I think it adds a little extra touch to a CAS card. The first has just a touch of sparkle on the underside of each flower, and on the second I went a little crazy and really glittered it up.



I also wanted to make a sympathy card for Make it Monday, so I switched to a deep purple card base. I couldn't decide if bling was fitting for a sympathy card, but my rhinestones were a very subdued purple color and I thought they looked tasteful, so I added them in the end.


I am also submitting my cards to CAS-ual Fridays, a new CAS challenge blog I've been wanting to participate in. Since my cards got blinged up a bit with glitter and rhinestones, I think they'll work for CFC #3: Bring the Bling!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI
Stamps: PTI Lily of the Valley, Mega Mixed Messages, Communique Curves Sentiments
Ink: Memento Rosebud, VersaMagic purple hydrangea

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Perfectly CAS- simple and beautiful!

Hannah said...

Wow, that lily of the valley stamp is gorgeous, and the addition of the glitter is so subtle but beautiful. The second is such a perfect sympathy card :)
Hannah M

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful cards-love the glitter :) I'm so glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Beautiful, serene cards, what a fabulous stamp and who can resist a bit of sparkle:0) xxx

Jenny said...

Hi Ann, these CAS challenges are great aren't they. Your card is gorgeous with the subtle sparkle. Love how effective the stamp is left as a line drawing :)
Jenny x

Virginia L. said...

Lovely CAS card! So classy and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Simply stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Love the lily image with the glitter :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

DF said...

Beautiful CAS cards! I love the super glittered up one the most. :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

They work perfectly and we are so thrilled that you got to play along with us! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Tracey McNeely said...

Simple and elegant.

Kristii said...

Such beautiful card!! I absolutely love the glitter on the second one!! It totally dresses up those gorgeous flowers!