Monday, May 23, 2011

One Layer Wednesday #54

The One Layer Wednesday at Simplicity is to make a one-layer baby card using inspiration from this post of Sunday Sweets on the CakeWrecks blog. I don't have a great variety of baby stamps, so the button cake immediately appealed to me.


Since Susan's sample card had ribbon and pearls, I went on the assumption that buttons would also be allowed. :) I embossed the bottom portion of the card with my Swiss Dots embossing folder and placed a row of pastel buttons along the top edge of the embossed section. I stamped my sentiment and was done!


Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: VersaMagic
Accessories: buttons, embroidery floss, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots

6 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Well this is perfect, love the dotty embossing and the row of stamps fit the challenge brilliantly, that and the word Baby. Simple and lovely ;0) xxx

Jenny said...

Arrr this is so sweet, whose worried if buttons are allowed, this is just so cute :0
Jenny x

Heather T said...

I love the simplicity of a cute row of buttons.
Your embossed dots form the perfect base.

Vicky Hayes said...

So quick but how absolutely gorgeous this is!

Lisa A. said...

What a wonderful card!! Love the buttons and together with the embossing and sentiment...perfect CAS and perfect baby card...very sweet:)!!

Jennie M said...

I absolutely love this! Perfectly CAS!