Monday, May 16, 2011

Less is More 15

We've had a busy weekend but I managed to make a few cards last night. The challenge for this week at Less is More is to use either heat embossing or dry embossing on a one layer card. I chose to use dry embossing and pulled out my Cuttlebug to make this one layer card with a simple ribbon treatment. I believe ribbon is okay on a one-layer card, but if not, I'm sure someone will set me straight! :)



I'm off now to have a peek at some of the other submissions. From first glance, it looked like a lot of people chose heat embossing. Heat embossing was the first thing I did as a stamper, and I haven't done it in years. I wonder if embossing powders have a shelf life. Mine must be about 14 years old!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI white, spring rain
Sentiment S
tamps: PTI, Studio G
Others: Cuttlebug embossing folders, ribbon

27 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Both cards are lovely, simple and very effective. I love the plaid embossing on the pale blue card. I'm sure you're allowed ribbon but that's down to the ladies at LIM. Have a great week:0) xxx

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Super cards. I love the blue one. CAS and my kinda card. Love Sheila x

Kathyk said...

Two smashing cards and I love the B&W one

Kathyk

Seafield Jo said...

These are both fabulous cards, so elegant. Jo

Jan said...

Love them both xx Jan

Anonymous said...

These are both lovely. x

Linby said...

ooh gorgeous, I love the first one , but then I scrolled down and the second one is so unusual-fab. Linbyx

Chrissie said...

Just love them both!
Wonderful CAS design.
Thanks so much Ann.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Zoechaos said...

Lovely cards perfect embossing XOXO Zoe

Jenny said...

They're both gorgeous cards Anne and the ribbon is very much part of the design so it can't be removed :)
Jenny x

Rita said...

Fabulous cards. Hugs Rita xx

Lynne said...

They are both fabulous. Perfectly CAS.
Lynne xxx

Jen said...

Both beautiful cards.
jenjoy x

Beryl K said...

Two super cards
Beryl x

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful elegant cards. xx

Margaret said...

Simple and beautiful Anne - love them both
Margaret x

Mandi said...

Simply fantastic!
Perfect
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa A. said...

These are wonderful and lovely...the black and white one would be a beautiful wedding card...wow...very nice:)!!! Simply lovely!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are gorgeous and versatile. I love them!

Sally H said...

So beautiful! What a fab idea!

Viv said...

Two beauties here , well done:O) Viv xx

Julie said...

What stunning designs,I particularly like the card with the black ribbon, it's soooo stricking! Julie.x

Vicky Hayes said...

These are stunning - they remind me of the kind of elegant frock Audrey Hepburn would wear! Vx

Susan said...

Two fabulous cards! I think the ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!

StampingStace said...

My kind of cards - beautiful, perfect CAS!
Stacex

Aileen said...

Both cards are gorgeous. x

Linda said...

Stunning, sweet simplicity!