Friday, May 27, 2011

OLW 55: Dogs and Cats

The One Layer Wednesday challenge at Styles Ink this week is to make a one layer card with a dog or cat. I have to thank my 6-year old daughter, who asked for a puppy party for her birthday on May 1. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a single dog or cat stamp.

I picked up a cute Inkadinkado set of dogs on clearance to use for her birthday invitations. This dog, and the one Jenny M used on her OLW card, are my two favorite dogs from the set. They're so cute!



I started by using brown ink on a kraft card base, and then switched it up by using a white card base and adding a couple more colors. I used a small butterfly from a Fiskars set and added a butterfly trail that I masked from a Studio G dollar stamp. Some grass from an AMuse set grounded the dog and a PTI sentiment finished it off. It's quite an eclectic mix of stamps, but I'm happy with the way it came together.

Since we're talking dogs, here are all the puppies (donated from my aunt's beanie baby collection) that my daughter's friends adopted at the birthday party. Each girl chose a puppy, filled out an adoption certificate, made a collar and tag, got a vet check, visited the puppy beauty salon, and picked out a dog bed (which I had made the week before) and dog dish. It was one of my favorite birthday parties we've had.



Supplies:
Paper: PTI

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Fiskars, Studio G, AMuse, PTI

Ink: Brilliance coffee bean, pearlescent ivy, Mediterranean blue

8 comments:

Susan said...

Two cute cards! I really love the brightness of the second card! I think my sister has that set of stamps....I might just have to get it too!

my card is HERE

Jennifer Styles said...

I love your two cards, they are totally adorable!

And what an awesome party idea! And all the stuff you made! So cute and so fun!

Fabulous job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW55!

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely cards - that dog is so cute! I really like the second card - the colours really stand out.

Love the adoption table too!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Fabulous makes, love the stamps but you've placed them beautifully, great party idea too, have fun :0) xxx

Jenny said...

Hi Anne. These are so cute, love how he's watching the butterfly. Your right they are the cutest of the pack and I'm just about to post a card using this little fella too.
Love the party idea...I would have loved that when I was younger too :)
Jenny x

librariane said...

Wow, it's like you created your own Pound Puppy party! I love a good theme party, especially when you can make cards that fit!

Pauline said...

Liked both cards. That is a really cute stamp. The dog looks like he is going to catch the butterfly. TFS

Trinh said...

Your card is adorable and I love your idea for the birthday party! So cute & I bet the girls had so much fun picking out their dog & bed.