Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Less is More Week 15, Take 2

I've already submitted an entry with dry embossing, but I was inspired by all the heat embossed beauties on Less is More Week 15 to dig out my embossing supplies. They've not been used in years, and I discovered that even my old Top Boss embossing ink pad still has some juice left in it!

I have long been wanting to try the resist method of embossing and then sponging ink over the top. I stamped my Inkadinkado trees stamp twice across the card base and embossed it in copper. Then I masked it off with post-its and sponged the panel in oranges, browns, and yellow.


For my last two cards, I was inspired by this card of Heather T.'s. I love her yummy pink panel with white and black flowers. I masked off a panel and embossed my flowers in white (I don't have any clear EP, but I must get some!). For the first card I sponged oranges and pinks, and on the second card I went with straight pink. Finally, I stamped more flowers over the top in Stazon black and added a sentiment.


I love how these turned out. There are so many possibilities that I want to try, but I had to call it good at 3 cards. You can be sure I'll be playing around with this in the future with snowflakes and fall leaves, but I needed some spring flowers in my life since the weather hasn't been cooperating!

Thank you, LIMettes, for all the inspiration!

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are all fabulous and I can certainly see Heather's influence in them. She's the queen of this technique... I love to do it too and like you I was inspired by her.
They are all just stunning!
I'm glad we got you digging out stuff from the depths of your stash!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Can't say for sure which one is my fave! - they're all great

Kathyk

Deborah Frings said...

These are all absolutely super! I love the copper trees and the sponged backgroud - this is my favourite, but it's closely followed by the orange and pink flowers! Great cards!

Mandi said...

All are absolutely fantastic, but I adore the trees one
Super inspo from Helen, isn't she the best!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More

Jenny said...

Yay the embossing powders still work and you got three stunning cards to show for your effort. Love them all...I must try the resist technique....although it doesn't work with crafty stash shopping, lol
Jenny x

Judy1223 said...

Wow, one is sweeter than the next! Great embossing and distressing and masking...these are among my favorite kinds of cards!

Sally said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the first one, with the georgeous autumn skys.
Sal. x

Zoechaos said...

Lovely cards for me it is the first one with the trees and smashing colour that just grabs it. XOXO Zoe

Vicky Hayes said...

Just stunning! I'm a big fan of Heather's work too and you've achieved the look perfectly! Vx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards ,,, all of them are fabulous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sarah said...

All great and loving the earthy tones on the first one...
Thanks for sharing,
Sarah at 183

Heather T said...

It's so nice to see the different colour schemes you chose to use on the flower card. I really like them both. Of course I always love a card with trees and sponging. So glad you were inspired.

Susan said...

Oh how I love the look of the masking and stamping!! Simply fabulous!

Aileen said...

3 fabby cards. Love seeing this technique and like you I'm inspired to give it a go. x