Friday, June 22, 2012

Bordered Sentiment Cards

Last night I made a couple of cards for several challenges.  Both of them use the bordered sentiment technique described at PTI's Make-It-Monday.  The first card is a simple one-layer card also inspired by Less is More (something shiny) and One-Layer Wednesday.

The One-Layer Wednesday challenge, hosted by Heather Telford this week, is to make a card inspired by something in your kitchen.  I opened the pantry door and the first thing that jumped out at me was my daughter's water bottle.  It's been at school on her desk all year, but since Wednesday was the last day of school, it's back at home now.  I was inspired by the circle designs on the bottle as well as the colors.


I added bling to some of the circle images, so it also qualifies for the Less is More challenge to use something shiny.  I don't always know what to do with bling, but I love it on this card!



I made a second card using the colors from ColourQ challenge 142.  I have to say I never would have put these colors together, but I love them.  I used the same layout as the Make-It-Monday sample card.  Stamps are PTI Mehndi Medallion, which is one of my favorite sets.  I used some white ric rac, but in the morning light it looks much creamier.  I liked this card better last night at midnight! :) 



I tried it mounted on both white and dark blue.  Which do you prefer?

ColourQ Inspiration:

17 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Love the translation of the water bottle pattern onto the card! I think I prefer the white-based card, but only just, they're both good.

Rosemary said...

i don't think i can pick a favorite, ann. both are just amazing. and using the MIM technique for the OLW card is brilliant!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Funny, but on the white base the cream doesn't look quite as creamy? I too like them both, giving the edge to the white base...just a wee bit :)
I love the thank you as well - the layout is awesome, and such a great CAS thank-you inspiration for me while I keep at the many I need to get done this week!

Anonymous said...

Super sweet cards! LOVE your inspiration from the water bottle, it's soo much FUN!

Unknown said...

Great us of this weeks colors. I know what you mean about never thinking to put these colors together. I think that every week...haha. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

great cards - love the little touch of bling on the first one!

Michelle said...

Ann, your cards are so pretty! I have tried a couple of times to make a "bordered sentiment" card this week, and had to bin the results (totally unsalvageable). You've given me the inspiration I need to try again!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Your card is really sweet. Who would have guessed you could get inspiration from a water bottle? LOL I haven't tried my hand at this technique yet but I SO love all things PTI, so thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try.

Blessings,
Karen
P.S. I have some sweet blog candy on my blog at:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

You picked a great inspiration, Ann, and your card just nailed it! I love how you also nailed the Make it Monday, and the bling for the shiney! Check you OUT!

And the other Make it Monday is also darling! I honestly like it both ways. The dark blue, to me, makes it good for a man card, the other is softer, more feminine.

Great job!

Heather T said...

Wonderful interpretation of the water bottle and your placement of the sentiment is perfect.

Sylvia said...

This is a fun card, Ann, love your soft treatment of the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Marianne said...

Your OLW card is really great. The font on the sentiment is lovely, and I love the way you framed it. Perfect use of bling, too!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful OLW card! Love your design. The bling just makes it complete. Thanks for joining us this week.

Diane said...

Excellent card, I adore the "water bottle" card, fantastic!

Vicky Hayes said...

How could I have missed these Ann? They're both fantastic - especially the one inspired by the water bottle!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous use of the water bottle for inspiration! It's made for such a fun card!

crafty queen said...

Love this. TFS