Monday, June 4, 2012

OLW 90 - Dudes Rule

Just popping in again today to share the masculine card I made last night for Susan's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge to make a one layer card for a guy.  I used the beautiful wplus9 set guiding light to make my card. 

I was totally inspired by this tutorial I came across on Crafting the Web.  Theresa used Memento cantaloupe, tangelo, and potter's clay for her inked background and her card is absolutely stunning.  I was curious to see what those colors would look like sponged on a kraft card base.  While I do like how it turned out, I think it is missing that luminous quality achieved when inking on white and letting some of the white shine through.

I added some hemp cord and probably should have just done a knot since it's a masculine card, but I rather liked my bow and didn't want to take it off!


Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft
Stamps: wplus9 guiding light, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento cantaloupe, tangelo, potter's clay

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful it really looks great on the Kraft card. The colors are stunning.great card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I think the bow is perfect! It's hemp, so it's definitely a boy-bow :) Absolutely gorgeous colours on the kraft - the subdued quality works well for a manly look :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...looks like a beautiful sunset.

Rosemary said...

fabulous masculine card, ann! i like how you used kraft for the base.

Jen W. said...

It is a perfectly balanced bow. :) I've had that set on my wish list for a while and you may have pushed me over the edge to get it. Did you see they have a set of dies for it now?

Anonymous said...

I think we can all agree that the colours look.... absolutely AWESOME on a kraft base! Another fantastic card from you, I'm heading off to check out the tutorial!

Susan Raihala said...

This card exudes dude. So solid in design, great color choices...awesome job with the challenge!!!!