Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pocket Cards

I loved the Make-It-Monday video at Capture the Moment this week.  It is all about making pocket cards, which is something I've never done before.  I played around and made three different pocket cards a few days ago, but am just now getting to blogging them.  I think these would be fun for invitations or for giving gift cards.


It's interesting to me how the french blue ink took on more of an aqua color on the kraft cardstock.  On the white I had to switch to robin's egg blue to match.

Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, white
Stamps: PTI turning a new leaf, think big favorites, Fiskars floral flair
Ink: Colorbox frost white, , french blue, robins egg, Memento tuxedo black


Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, white

Stamps: wplus9 guiding light, PTI think big favorites
Ink: Colorbox frost white,Memento



For this card I added a plum color to go with the ColourQ challenge this week.  I didn't have a good button to match, so my button is a little more reddish, but I'm still pleased with it.

Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, white

Stamps: PTI turning a new leaf, think big favorites, Fiskars floral flair
Ink: Colorbox frost white, french blue robins egg, Memento ocean depth, Versamagic perfect plumeria

 

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Such a pretty 'pocket'! Love the pop of colour and shine in the satin ribbon!

Lynn said...

Love those gorgeous colors on the crumb cake background. Beautiful!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your cards! Love the kraft with the colored inks and white! So soft and pretty!

Sylvia said...

Your pocket cards are lovely, Ann, lovely stamping as well! So glad you could join in the fun this week creating a card with the ColourQ colors!

Tracy said...

they're so pretty - love the kraft and white combo

Rosemary said...

fantastic pocket cards, ann!! i really like the beachy one... so perfect for summer!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'd forgotten how fun pocket cards are! These are all so lovely. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Jessi Fogan said...

These are so fun! See, it's a good thing you have loads of inks to choose from :) There's a need for them all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pocket cards Ann. The stamping looks gorgeous on the Kraft.
xx

Unknown said...

these are beautiful! the starfish card is my favorite :)