Friday, June 8, 2012

Less is More 70 and MIM 69

Just squeaking in on the last day with my entry for Less is More.  In honor of Jubilee Weekend, it's a color challenge to use red, white, and blue.  I never think of flowers for a red and blue color combo, so I decided to challenge myself to try something different for me.  I used flowers from PTI floral frenzy with buttons for the centers, and I think they're kind of fun.



My layout is based on one of the PTI sketches this week at Capture the Moment.  I liked the simplicity of this one (big surprise!).  I did change the sentiment a bit after much playing around.  The sentiment strip is popped up on dimensionals and scored on the top and bottom.  One of the flowers is also popped up for a little dimension.

sketch:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01630615e3ff970d-pi

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is lovely, with a nice fresh crisp look to it

Kathyk

Mandi said...

This is just FAB Ann
I was going to say so fresh and crisp...but Kathy beat me to it lol
Terrific card
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Terrific card Ann... the flowers work really well in this colour palette!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deanna said...

Awesome CAS card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Fresh and crisp is just too perfect a description! Red, white & blue is always classic - love that sentiment :)

Rosemary said...

beautiful!! love your take on the inspiration sketch!

lostinpaper said...

Great use of these colours in such a pretty card! I find this such a difficult combo that I tend to just avoid it... maybe next time I'll give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant as always Ann! Love how you've used the buttons.
x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is wonderful combo for LIM and MIM! Wonderful!