Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dynamic Duos 15

I have two cards that I made using the colors from Dynamic Duos 15 - pink and green.  I started both cards a few nights ago using sketches from the Hero Arts August contest, but wasn't happy with the way they were working out.  Last night I scrapped the sketches and used simplified designs that made me happier.

For the panels on both cards, I stamped flowers from the Hero Arts lotus leaves set.  LOVE those flowers.  I inked them using two colors of Memento inks.  To make the sentiment strip on the first card I simply cut a rectangle out of scrap cardstock and used a circle punch to notch the corners.  I'm sure this is in everyone's standard book of tricks, but I felt brilliant when I thought of it!  :)  The sentiment on the second card is a Hero Arts sentiment that I fussy cut.



Dynamic Duos #15



10 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous cards...pink and green is one of my favorite combos. Love them both especially the second one! Lovely CAS designs.

Melissa said...

These are both so pretty! Love the floral patterns and the framed sentiments! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

Darnell said...

Beautiful in every way with both cards, Ann!

I'll tell you the truth, I feel like an idiot after reading your tip on clipping the corners using the circle punch. Apparently my Standard Book of Tricks is pretty thin, 'cause, uh, no, I didn't think of it and SU makes a special little punch just for that which I bought and which, if I'd had a brain, I wouldn't have needed to buy.

So, brilliant share, hon, you'll have saved someone else some money, no doubt!!

Lisa Elton said...

Both of these are so pretty, but I agree with Lynn and the 2nd is my fav! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Rosemary said...

both cards are so beautiful ann! you totally rocked the colors!!

Judy1223 said...

Ann, both cards are FABULOUS! I love those colors and the flower stamps by HA are just beautiful (why don't I have them? What's wrong with me?!). I just recently learned that trick about the "ticket" label look, so don't feel so bad. Good luck in the challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Hey, that wasn't in my bag of tricks either! I am so going to try that. I feel almost as if it will be like trying to cut my own bangs - a little more off this side, a little more off that side - until there's no more tag left. We'll see :)
I really love these colours together - and your layouts are fab. Love the slightly offset sentiments, and the fun shapes for the sentiments - and the detail in the stems is so pretty & swirly :)

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful! Love this sweet colour combo and your take on the sketches is FAB!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you've used the colors in both!

AB. said...

Very pretty cards.....they are both stunning in design! :)