Friday, August 24, 2012

Less is More & CASology

I was determined to make a card last night so I played along with my favorite challenge, Less is More.  The challenge, ending today, was to use tearing.  Eek! I was determined to give it a try.  I paired it with the cue word from CASology: green.

I tore a piece of PTI rustic white cardstock and stamped it with SU French foliage.  I added it to a rustic white card base and added some button, twine, and a sentiment.  I had no idea what I was going to do, and I am pleasantly surprised by how this turned out.



While I'm at it, here is a card I made a week or so ago using colors from CR84FN 60: blue, purple, and green.  Obviously missed that one by a mile!  I also used the sketch from the Hero Arts August challenge.


And a card made for Retrosketches 24.  Missed that one, too, but I still had fun. :)


10 comments:

Caroline said...

Very nicely done
I had no inspiration, but you did great
Greetings caroline

Mandi said...

The tearing looks superb with leaves
terrific cards
Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Darnell said...

Oh, Ann, what'm I gonna do with you? All your cards are so lovely and all of them totally perfect for the challenges you were inspired by. Now we just have to figure out your schedule so you link you up IN TIME so that more peeps can see your wonderful creations and be inspired!!

Don't make me come over there!!

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
Thanks for your lovely LIM submission, I love those leaves.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, those leaves are perfect! I love the twine & button, they add the perfect balance with the sentiment. Love the colours on the second two - the button arrangement with the bikes is really cool, and love those coffee cups!

Rosemary said...

a fabulous group of cards, ann... but then, again, your cards are always fabulous!! love the serenity of your CASology card... so glad to see you playing along with us!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All lovely cards, so soft. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Anonymous said...

Another fab collection of cards Ann! I really struggle with 'tearing' and you have really inspired me!

shirley-bee said...

Three great cards, Ann. The twine is the perfect embellishment for the nature card (which looks great torn). I like the bike card with the buttons, and I love the offset circle on the coffee cups card, and the colour scheme.

Judy1223 said...

Ann, you are amazing with SO MANY awesome cards! I especially love the bicycles and the coffee cups cards...although ALL are adorable!