Monday, May 16, 2011

One Layer Wednesday 53

The challenge at Styles Ink for One Layer Wednesday is to make a new home card using two colors of ink. Sounds easy enough, but this card was a real struggle for me and I'm still not entirely happy with it. I've fiddled enough, though. Time to be done with it and move on!



I didn't think I had any house stamps but I discovered this little Studio G dollar stamp that I've never used. It's a really sweet image, and it actually stamps well, too. It's quite small, so I made a smaller sized notecard. I made a little sentiment on the computer since I didn't have any stamps that would work. I stamped a hill and sponged some green and blue ink for grass and sky. Finally, I colored the house with colored pencils and rounded the corners.


8 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a sweet little card and a cute image, it does the job perfectly, Love it :)
Jenny x

Lisa A. said...

This is sooooo sweet!! Love the coloring with sponging and pencils...how creative to stamp the hill...love it:)!!

Judy1223 said...

What a sweet and simple card...I love it! I have come across some really cute Studio G dollar stamps, too, and I really like this one!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a very, very sweet card. I just love it.

Meg said...

Very sweet little card...love the soft coloring you used.

Vicky Hayes said...

It is gorgeous! Love the soft sponging and the rounded corners. Vx

Lynn said...

A really cute card - love the soft colours. Lynn x

Jennifer Styles said...

This card is perfect! What's not to be happy about?

I love it so much I have saved it to my "Just Inspiration" file.

Absolutely fantastic job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW53!