Monday, May 9, 2011

Less is More 14

This week at Less is More the challenge is to make a clean and simple, white on white card. No color, except possibly outlines. Looking at the other submissions was very inspiring - so many beautiful and elegant cards with lovely textures.

My card is very clean and simple, perhaps too simple, really. I used the same basic layout as last week, replacing the papers with white and the apples with flowers. I added a big bit of bling in the center of each flower. I rarely use gems on my cards, and I never use the big ones, so it was kind of fun!


All of the sparkly gems were calling to me, so while I had my supplies out I had to make one with a bit of color in the center just for fun. I was inspired by this card, where Susan used big blue gems with what I think is the same flower punch. I tried several colors, but I love bright blue and white together, so I used blue in the end and added a sentiment in Brililance Mediterranean Blue.


Supplies:
Paper: PTI White
Stamps: PTI sentiment
Ink: Brilliance Mediterranean Blue
Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, flower punch, gems

23 comments:

Mandi said...

'Simply' beautiful Ann
Super job!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love your card very striking and stylish.

Marie

Suze Bain said...

What a lovely elegant CAS card, great layout. (I do like the blue bling though!)

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely beautiful - simple, clean and elegant.

I do love the blue bling on your other card too! Gorgeous!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, I like the pop of blue, it works so well.

Kathyk said...

Subtle, understated and lovely - the blue one's nice too!

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Simply fabulous and not too simple at all!
I really love this one!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Judy1223 said...

One of my favorites...definitely not "too simple," I'd say perfect!! I love the variation using blue, too...so pretty!
Judy

Susan said...

Love them both...although, even though it's a wow week, I really love the one with the blue bling!!

Karen Aicken said...

What great cards. I love the layout and can see why you would want to use it again. TFS!
http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

beeeeeeeauuuutiful cards xxxx

Jenny said...

Simply beautiful, just perfect and the bling is fab too:)
Jenny x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Lovely cards, the gems are just perfect in the centre of the flowers! Sarah x

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a great layout and works perfectly for white-on-white.

Carol said...

Two lovely cards and definately not too simple. Love the pop of blue though. Carol x

Aileen said...

Love it's simple look. x

Zoechaos said...

Just love WoW and the simplicity of your card is just right so charming. your second one with a little blue is also fabulous XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

They are both gorgeous! I love them both. xx

Ang C said...

Beautiful cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely simply beautiful card, sorry both cards :)

G Peplow said...

Hello there, these are gorgeous, love both versions, so clean and and beautifully designed:0) xxx

Julie said...

I don't think it's too simple, lovely cards

Lisa A. said...

These are beautiful!! Simply lovely:)!!