Sunday, February 27, 2011

OWL 42

I didn't think I'd be able to participate in this week's One Layer Wednesday Challenge at Styles Ink, since I don't have any music stamps. When a couple of the other participants mentioned singing birds, I remembered this little $1 stamp that I picked up at either Michaels or JoAnns last spring. The music notes are super tiny, but music notes they are!

I know a lot of people don't purchase dollar stamps, but I've had relatively decent luck with the ones on wood blocks. This little bird, which I adore and couldn't say no to, gives me a pretty good image each time I use it.

I tried this bird in other places but she just kept wanting to be down in that bottom right corner! I made the first one on an A2 card with a little gingham ribbon, and then made several more as little 3-1/2 X 5 note cards. I like to have a supply of these on hand for little notes and thank yous. I finished them off with some diamond stickles in the flower centers on the bird's wing.




Supplies:
Stamp: Studio G dollar stamp (gasp!)
Ink: VersaMagic Spring Pansy & Sea Breeze, Color Box Chalk French Blue on A2
Paper: PTI white
Other: ribbon from stash, diamond stickles, corner rounder

6 comments:

Heather T said...

This is a very sweet collection of cards.

Vicky Hayes said...

They are lovely and look gorgeous all together like this!

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous cards, love 'em :0) xxx

G Peplow said...

p.s I forgot to say, a very warm welcome to blogland :0) xxx

Deborah Frings said...

These are really sweet card - I like the simple, clean lines and soft colours! Lovely!

Jennifer Styles said...

I love these adorable cards! Simple, soft and oh so sweet!

Absolutely fab job on the challenge!

Thanks for playing along with OLW42!