Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Make It Monday # 3

I should probably call this post "Make-It-Do Monday," as I didn't have the tools needed to try the technique on this week's Make-It Monday challenge at Capture the Moment. I thought it was brilliant to use tape for a glitter strip, so I decided to give it a try with the things I already had on hand.

I don't have scor-tape, and the only glitter I have is the chunky glitter my kids and I use on their craft projects. I decided to try it with my tape-runner and some very old glittery embossing powder. It worked! I don't have an appropriately sized circle punch or a banner die, so I cut my own. Certainly not as neat and tidy, but it had to do.

When I was thinking of how I wanted to use the glitter strip, I remembered a sketch from a few weeks ago on Clean and Simple. I used that to make my card. It is pink and sparkly, and will be perfect for my little girl's sixth birthday which is coming up this spring.

I love the addition of the glitter strip to this card.



Supplies:
Paper: PTI white and pink scraps from my scrap drawer
Other: old embossing glitter, tape runner, Cuttlebug die for the "6"

No comments: