Friday, February 25, 2011

February Papertrey Blog Hop - Scallops!

PTI's February blog hop is focusing on the use of scallops. My favorite recent projects using scallops are these two baby onesie cards I recently made for a baby gift and baby shower. They both use scallops as trim along the neckline and leg holes. So sweet!

I can't claim credit for this brilliant idea. Rather, I stumbled upon this excellent tutorial, and used Lauren's directions to make my own onesie cards. I didn't have the same supplies she used, but managed with what I had on hand.

Rather than use a scallop circle punch, I made my scallop trim using a very old pair of scalloped scissors. I scored lines on the sleeves instead of a scallop trim, and added eyelets for the snaps at the bottom. I went traditional pink and blue, using PTI sweet blush for the girl card and PTI spring rain (i think) for the boy card.

Be sure to check out Lauren's great tutorial. Making these sweet onesies is super simple and so much fun!



I also wanted to share one of my favorite cards (also seen in this post) that uses a Martha Stewart scalloped dot edge punch. I love this sweet punch, and have used it on many cards and scrapbook layouts.

6 comments:

Alyssa B said...

These are lovely, I too love to make those onesie cards!

Suzanne Russell said...

I love all three! Thanks for sharing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous onesies and thanks for redirecting to the tuorial. I love how you have used the scalloped edge.

Katie Gehring said...

These are just beautiful. Wonderful use of scallops!

Suzanne said...

Adorable cards!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Adorable little onsie!