Monday, May 28, 2012

OLW 89 - Something Sweet

I had fun this holiday weekend playing with One-Layer Wednesday 89, hosted this week at A Paperie Journey.  We were asked to use something sweet on a one-layer card.  I played with three sweet PTI sets. :)

For the first two cards, I used the Hero Arts large plaid background stamp to stamp a border strip along the bottom.  I finished it off with a bit of twine.  I only had red, but when I won some blog candy from Jenny at Crafting in the Country a while back, she included some other little goodies in the package.  It included the pink and white striped twine, which was a perfect match for the watermelon card!


Supplies
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI fruit fusion apple, Hero Arts large plaid background
Ink: Memento ladybug and bamboo leaves
Twine: My Mind's Eye


Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI fruit fusion watermelon, Hero Arts large plaid background
Ink: Memento bamboo leaves and rosebud
Twine: unknown 



Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI sweet as can be
Ink: Colorbox chestnut roan, pink, robin's egg, lilac; Memento desert sand, rosebud; Versamagic key lime
Other: buttons from stash, Scor-Pal



9 comments:

Darnell said...

Ann, these are all SOO beautifully done! I love the layout, the colors, the crispness . . . total favs! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just love these soooo much!! Fantastic designs! The plaid stamp is fab!
xx

Rosemary said...

absolutely adorable and so very yummy, ann!!

Michelle said...

Wow, Ann! You were on a roll this week-end! I love all of them!

Jenny said...

I know I'm biased, but the twine is the perfect match on both cards :0)
Love the plaid strip too...it always looks good when food is involved, my brain thinking of tablecloths I reckon :0)
jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

These are brilliant Ann - and I especially like those ice cream cards in those fabulous summery colours.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, how I love silly puns! They just make me so happy :) Awesome layouts, too - I especially like the apple layout, and the brilliant scoring on the stacked ice cream card. I've got to remember to try that!

lostinpaper said...

ooooooohh, these are soooo sweet! I was just looking at some 'ice-creams' for a card just now, great minds! What gorgeous stamps and your designs are super fun CAS!

Cheryl said...

Ann, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Love your cards. So clean and simple and such great designs. I like how you used your background stamp! Beautiful colors too.

Thanks for playing along with us this week.