Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make-It Monday 65

It's been quite a while since I played along with the Make it Monday Challenge at Capture the Moment.  This week the challenge is to use pieces of patterned paper to make a background.  I love being able to use scraps, so I was all over this challenge!

I don't have any PTI patterned paper, so I pulled these pieces out of my scrap bin.  Not sure what brand they are, but I love them!  The kraft cardstock is PTI, as are the sentiments.  I pieced the strips together and then stitched them using a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine.   I finished them off with some flowers by Recollections. 

The layout is based on this beautiful card by Jennifer McGuire that I've had on my Pinboard for quite some time.  Love it!



As I'm posting, I just noticed that I flipped the background panel on the orange/green card.  I had planned it out with the wide orange strip of patterned paper at the bottom.  This is what happens when I make cards late at night!

Thanks for your visit.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I like them both! And I like the orange strip at the top, too. Lovely cards.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Anne! I think I'll have to CASE them sometime!
xxx

Marybeth said...

Oh , both are so pretty! Nice choice of papers and such a fun flower!

Lynn said...

These are gorgeous. I love the stitching that you added. Fabulous!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

These are both super cute! So glad you got to play along!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun way to use those bits of DP that I just can't throw away... These cards are beautiful, great choices of DP and flowers!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love them both - the sentiments are great, and I love the colours. Extra "yay" for using up scraps - I tend to hoard those :) Heaven knows I may run out of paper one day, and then what'll I do? Yikes!

Suzanne Russell said...

Both cards are really pretty! i am often inspired by Jennifer as well-your take on her card is excellent. :) Happy Mother's Day!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Beautiful cards and congratulations on winning the gift certificate this week from PTI.