Thursday, May 3, 2012

Less is More 65

Last night I looked through my stamps thinking about what to do for this week's Less is More Sketch Challenge.  The window box image from the Close to My Heart Flower Pot set jumped out at me, and I thought the window might work for the square element on the sketch.  I picked up this set at a friend's rummage sale last summer and haven't used it because they are all outline images and the thought of coloring terrifies me! 

I decided to be brave and used my Prismacolor pencils to color it.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! :)  I first made this as a one layer card, doing some masking to get the flowers "in" the window box.  It was just too flat, so I did it again and cut out both the window and the flowers.  I taped the window down, but gently popped up the outer edge of the shutters. I also popped the flowers up on dimensionals.  I really love it with the added dimension.  I added liquid pearls to the center of each flower.


I probably should have put it on a larger card base to have more white space around it, but the practical part of my nature wouldn't let me!  I made it 4.25 inches square so I could put it in a standard envelope with no extra postage and get two cards out of my sheet of PTI cardstock. 

Sketch:

13 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

That's why I make 'invitation' size cards too - 2 from every sheet that way :)
I love the colouring (scares me too!) and what a lovely sentiment :)

Rosemary said...

oh what a darling card, ann!! love the little window box with all the flowers.

Jenny said...

Oh I think there is still loads of white space Ann! Love the window and box...just perfect for the sketch and your colouring is just fine :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this Anne! It's a gorgeous card.
xx

Jo Street said...

What a pretty card Anne, I love it.
Jo x

Unknown said...

I love this Anne. The perfect amount of white space, your coloring is fab and the slight touch of dimension is genius. Beautiful card!

Chrissie said...

What a pretty card Ann... very inventive!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Such a pretty card.

Tina
X

Viv said...

Your colouring looks fine to me! Lovely card!

Michelle said...

Ann, this is such a lovely card! I had exactly the same thoughts about card size after I completed my card! I think your card still has plenty of white space, it works really well.

Darnell said...

Great 3-D effect and well worth the effort you put into this! It's very striking! I want to see what's on the other side of the window!

lostinpaper said...

You go girl! Before you know it you'll be addicted to colouring... it's so relaxing. BTW your card is fabulous, and your colouring wonderful!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a perfect image for this sketch Ann and I think there's plenty of white space! Such a pretty card!