Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Less is More 67

The challenge at Less is More is to use three stamps, and three stamps only, on a one-layer card.  It took me a while to wrap my mind around this one.  With so many choices, which three to use?!

I decided on a Close to My Heart polka dot background stamp, a Hero Arts flower, and a PTI sentiment and ended up with this.  I did try it using a mask for the flower before stamping the background, but I like the polka dots showing through the flower the best, which is great because that made it super simple.  Just stamp, stamp, stamp!


I have to say it is the colors that make me really love this card.  I have been in love with these VersaMagic colors lately (pink grapefruit, mango madness, and persimmon) and don't want to use anything else! I bought the set for the pink grapefruit as I've never had a good peach or coral color, but I ended up loving them all.  There is also a lovely green called key lime.

I think this is a pretty standard layout: square, flower, sentiment.  Susan used it yesterday at Simplicity and it's very similar to last week's Clean and Simple sketch.  I'm sure it's been used countless times before then, but I thought I should at least point out where I've seen it recently.

I am also linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger, bright bite, as I've used the same bright citrus colors.  The only one I left off was the green.


Thanks for your visit today.

20 comments:

Lynn said...

So fabulous! I recognized Susan's layout right away...I'll be CASing this too!

Chrissie said...

Wonderful Ann!
Simply beautiful and there's nothing wrong with stamp, stamp, stamp!
Brilliant!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kelly Latevola said...

Love the card Ann! Pink/Orange is one of my favorite color combos too! I love to mix it with black it really makes the colors POP :)

Sally said...

A stunning CAS design & I love it.
Sally x

Rosemary said...

love what you created, ann... just gorgeous!! and a great take on the trigger...

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty CAS card!

Jenny said...

They are some fresh zingy colours indeed, need to look into them :0)
Love this design, we all have a favourite go-to sketch and this has worked perfectly for the lim challenge :0)
Jenny x

lostinpaper said...

Love your combo for these challenges, such a great choice of colours and fun design!

Sandy said...

Fab CAS card, love the stamps and the colour looks gorgeous against on the white card,
Sandy

Unknown said...

this is beautiful! wonderful design

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a lovely layout Ann and I really like the colours you've used.

Elaine said...

Great choice of colours - makes it really cheerful looking!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love these bright colours! Perfect for springy weather. The layout is perfectly balanced, too - what a cool card :)

Mandi said...

Fabulous card, love the colours
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ann! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ryann said...

Awesome card!

Susan said...

I think quite a few of us are frequently inspired by Susan at Simplicity....love these colors!!

Deanna said...

Great CAS card!

Marisa Alvarez said...

Very nice less is more card! I am going to have to try that layout, if I remember. So much stamping so little time. This would be the perfect card to make a dozen and send them! BTW...I love those Versa Magic Inks too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

a beautiful card, love the colour