Monday, January 9, 2012

Predominantly Purple

Hello, friends!  I hope you've all had a great start to this new year!  It's been a bit crazy here, which is why I've taken a bit of a blogging break for the last couple of weeks.  Now I'm back with my first card of 2012 for my favorite Less is More challenge, where the theme is predominantly purple.

I've had this Hero Arts real flowers set for quite a while, and I don't use it very often.  I have a hard time with it, but I was determined to find a way to use the large flower from the set.  I masked a panel and sponged with dusty concord distress ink and Memento lilac posies.  Then I stamped the flower in Memento grape jelly.  I added a PTI sentiment and that was it - a simple, one-layer card.



Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Ink: Ranger dusty concord,  Memento lilac posies and grape jelly
Stamps: Hero Arts real flowers, PTI communique curves sentiments

26 comments:

Chanray said...

waouh, your card is stunning. i love it; thank you for stopping by on my blog.
xxx

bastelengel said...

This card is great! I love the colors and the technique. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love this!
xx

Mandi said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ann
Fabulous ink effect
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there, this is just a stunner, I love purple and your stamping is perfection itself , a beautiful and dynamic piece.

Marie

Chrissie said...

Wow! What a fabulous effect you have achieved... this is simply gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Victoria said...

Hi, thanks for your kind words over on my blog. I love the two tones of purple in your panel. It's really subtle and very elegant.

Rosemary said...

pure CAS perfection, ann!!!

Jenny said...

Your OLC are always so beautiful and inspiring Anne. The flower stamp is just perfect for this technique :)
Jenny x

Lisa A. said...

Ann...this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL...simply stunning:)!!!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Ann, Happy New Year to you:0)
Your card is beautiful, I love the depth you've achieved with the colourful band and all one layer, amazing! Gay xxx

Scrapmate said...

Gorgeous card & it reminds me I don't use the masking technique often enough.

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Ann - Happy New Year!! This is just gorgeous! Love it!

Kim S said...

Beautiful - there is so much depth in the purples that you have put together.

Judy1223 said...

Ann, Happy New Year! It's good to be back...like you, I took a bit of a break over the holidays. I LOVE your card, awesome masking and inking...and I love that flower stamp. Such a pretty one layer card!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

CAS and simply amazing. What a fabulous panel. Love Sheila x

cathi139 said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by on my blog
Cathi from Germany

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!! Love the flower panel, it's perfect! I would love to try this some time myself!

Aileen said...

Just gorgeous! x

Kathyk said...

GORGEOUS card and simply splendid colours

Welcome to 2012

Kathyk

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous card. Great inking, I love it. xx

Michelle said...

Wow, Ann, this card looks great! I love the effect you've created with the stamps and spongeing. :-)

Sasha said...

Beautifully stamped with lots of depth. A gorgeous CAS card!:)

GinaA said...

Beautiful colour combination, great stamping.

Viv said...

Another beautiful card Ann :O) Viv xx

Susan said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!! LOVE everything about this fabulous card!