Friday, January 13, 2012

CFC35 and ric#3

The CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use scallops on a CAS card fit perfectly with what I was already planning to do - make some simple late Christmas thank you cards using scraps from my scrap box.  Two of the Girl Friday cards use a similar layout with a strip or strips of paper along the bottom of the card.  Love them!

For my first card I chose a gray argyle scrap and gray twine to finish it off.  I don't think the sentiment is perfect, but I felt it was the best of the choices I had. 


This one uses some leftover Christmas scraps.  I'm not loving this one as much.


As I was going through my scraps I came across this black and white paper.  Normally I would have passed it by, but the black and white geometric shapes reminded me of the Runway Inspired Challenge I've seen floating around in blogland.  So I tried it . . . and it's my favorite of the three!






13 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Anne - these are really lovely!

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, ann!!

Jenny said...

Brilliant use of scraps Ann, so clean and simple!
The blk & wh scrap is perfect for the RIC challenge :)
Jenny x

lostinpaper said...

These are fabulous CAS cards! Such a wonderful design, my fave is definitely the B&W, very striking!

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous Ann! And what a great way to use up the scraps. The first one is my favourite - I love all those soft colours and the twine.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW I love these, such a good idea and so effective

Unknown said...

all three are really simple and fabulous!!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Ann, I LOVE these! Way to use up some patterned papr scraps...I'm always looking for ideas to do that! Beautiful cards!

Bonnie said...

I love all 3 of these! The simple layout looks so different by changing the papers! This is a classic card.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just beautiful in its simplicity! I love the scalloped border beneath the graphic pattern. Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Friday!
Laura

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful set! Especially like the black and white one :) Great job with the scallop challenge! So happy you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Marybeth said...

Great cards, love the fresh look to them all. CAFresh!