Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OLW76 and Barbles2

I always think it's interesting to see how cards emerge and how they often look so different from the way we first imagine them!  All week I've been pondering Susan's OLW challenge to use gray, white, and a pop of one color.  

Also inspired by this ridiculously adorable photo of Barb's cat in her second Barbles Challenge, I decided to use pink as my accent color.


As a one-layer card, things didn't work out quite as planned.  So I scratched that and pulled out this beautiful new thank you stamp, which came as a gift in a recent PTI order.  I first stamped it in Memento London Fog and added some bling for my pop of color.  For the second card I decided to mask the the upper and lower parts of the image with post-its and stamp "THANKS" in turquoise.  Then I removed the masks and carefully stamped the upper and lower parts in gray.  I think these are just okay, but I'm out of time so I'm going with it!





So whatever happened to the gray and pink?  While it didn't turn out to be a good one-layer card, I cut down the stamped area, which was stamped using PTI turning a new leaf and a tiny flower from one of the tag-its sets.  I matted it in pink and placed it on a gray card base.  I added a flower and a sentiment, and at least it wasn't a total waste!  I do love the gray and pink together.




11 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Ann, these are all lovely! I love the clean and simple thank you cards, especially with the blue thanks. I also love the layered gray and pink card...so pretty! Good luck in the challenges!

Kim S said...

I am not sure how you got that beautiful pink and gray card out of that yawning cat!!?? Love all the cards...I have that thank and am going to give it a try.

Jessi Fogan said...

That's why inspiration challenges are so great - sometimes it just sends you way out in left field, which is truly fantastic :) I love all three cards - especially that you kept at it & used what you'd originally rejected. I recycle that kind of thing far too often :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, I love what you did with that PTI thank you stamp. I now have 2 of them since I had to remortgage my house because of my PTI addiction - ha ha ha. I love the both of your cards withe that stamp. I think I am going to try it with silver embossing powder. I really, really love the pink and grey card too. All threee beauties!

Anonymous said...

These are so elegant Ann! Love the pink and grey one.
xx

Sandy said...

All 3 cards are lovely, a fab job of transforming something you didn't think worked in a lovely card, pink and grey look stunning together,
Sandy

Rosemary said...

all three cards are beautiful ann!! but i do especially love the thank you cards...

Anonymous said...

All your cards are fantastic! I love how you highlighted the senitment in the OLC and then 'saved' the other card to make another fab creation!

Lisa A. said...

Hi Ann!! These are beautiful...girl...you have such an amazing eye for clean and simple and your use of color...WOW!! You never cease to amaze me with your cards!! I have to say, as much as I LOVE the first two...the second with that pop of turquoise, the THIRD one is sooooooooo pretty to me!! I LOVE those colors together...and have always loved that flower...LOVELY,LOVELY,LOVELY Ann!!

Heather T said...

All the cards are classy but your pink and grey card is a beautiful design and colour scheme.

Victoria said...

Just discovered your blog. Love your card style! Great job.