Monday, January 30, 2012

Less is More & Barbles 2

I've been absent for the past week due to a busier than normal schedule, but I'm back for the 52nd challenge at Less is More.  I love the Less is More challenge and look forward to participating every week.  Mandi and Chrissie have inspired so many of us with fabulous challenges and great feedback, and the community of stampers at Less is More is truly special.  I'm happy to be a part of it.
This week they gave us a sketch and asked us to stick to the sketch by using a rectangular card in the horizontal position with a vertical band.  It's a lovely sketch, and I immediately wanted to mask the vertical panel and sponge a background scene.  I also had the beautiful photograph from the Barbles Challenge at KinsaleCreations in my  head, so I used the yellow, orange, and purples from the sunset photo with a tree silhouette stamp. 


I wasn't thrilled with the first card.  The moon bothered me a bit and I felt it needed a dark edge.  I made a second panel which I matted with black and placed on a kraft card base.


Finally, I wanted to make a card for the sketch that did not use masking and sponging.  I ran a piece of white paper through my the Cuttlebug and used the embossed panel as the vertical element.  I stamped two Hero Arts butterflies, colored them with Prismacolor pencils, added sparkle to the wings with a Sakura sparkle pen (doesn't show in the photo), and cut them out.


Now I'm looking forward to browsing through the gallery at Less is More.  There is always so much inspiration to be found.  Thanks for visiting. 

Fabulous Inspiration:



32 comments:

Unknown said...

these are so beautiful! i adore the first, the moon looks perfect...love it. the butterfly card is gorgeous...stunning designs. thank you sooo much for linking up to barbles challenge! i'm honored :)

Rosemary said...

goodness, ann! all three cards are fantastic! i do really like the first one best, though... i know you don't like how the moon looks, but i really do!!! :)

Colleen said...

Oh MY!!! Beautiful job on this sketch challenge! I love all three cards!!

Chrissie said...

These are all simply stunning! Your inking on the first two is superb and the butterflies on the last one look amazing.
Thanks so much for your support over the last months!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen M said...

All your cards are stunning, I love them all x x

Stamp with Angela said...

All three cards are stunning. I like the moon on the first one.

Elaine said...

Great cards - love the moon one and those butterflies really stand out.

G Peplow said...

OOh little squeal, how wonderful, three fabulous cards. Stunning Anne and how great to see your lovely smiling face, great photo, Gay xxx

G Peplow said...

Sorry I gave you an 'e' by mistake, :{ x

Eloise said...

I like all your cards but the one that stands out to me is the butterfly one. I love it.

Patricia H said...

Three fantastic cards here! The tree scenes are lovely, and you did a fabulous job coloring the butterflies.

Joyce said...

These are all absolutely stunning. I'm trying to pick a favorite, and just can't do it. I love the multi colored background in the first one, the matting and kraft in the second one, and the popped up colored butterflies in the third one.

Karen Petitt said...

These are all fantastic! Stunning stamping on the first two - the trees and landscape are fabulous. The embossed panel and stamped butterflies are really gorgeous - I had a thought along the same lines hugs Karen x

Anna-Karin said...

Your card is absolutly lovely!

Frieda said...

WUNDERSCHÖN !!
Alle 3 !

Ich könnte mich für keine entscheiden ..........

lg Frieda

Darnell said...

Talk about finding inspiration! All three of these cards are really stunning. I just got a Cuttlebug, so I especially am inspired by your beautiful butterfly card!

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're just gorgeous! Couldn't possibly pick a favourite, they're all lovely :o) Lisa x

Mandi said...

All three are absolutely stunning
i LOVE the butterflies, but the inking on the scenes is exceptional


Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. I agree with your comment about the first card - think it's because the moon is off the page ...... it would have been more "grounded" with a border - but they are all lovely.

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow these are all really gorgeous and can't pick which one I prefer! well done x

Anonymous said...

Three stunning and absolutely outstanding cards Anne!
xx

Vicky Hayes said...

You make such lovely cards Ann - I have been sighing over these for a while now! I adore a sponged scene and yours are both lovely, but your embossed panel butterflies card is stunning too. Vicky

Loli said...

Hola Mama, three fantasti cards!!!, great inking, but i love the butterflies card, very elegant, i love it, fantastic colouring!
A warm hug from Palma

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Great creation, love the embossed on

Ali x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FAB EWE LUSS, all are gorgeous

Sally H said...

wow,wow,wow! I love them all! I think the second just makes it to first place for me - stunning work!

Squirrel said...

Ooh I love them all!
Rosey x

Anonymous said...

FABulous cards! I adored the first one... until I saw those gorgeous butterflies on their embossed panel, it's perfect!

Lisa A. said...

OMG...these are beautiful!! The scene cards are so lovely, but the third one with the embossing and pop of color with the border and beautiful butterflies...STUNNING!!!! Wow...
Oh, and LOVE now seeing the beautiful face behind the beautiful cards...love your avatar!!

Viv said...

Oh wow these are amazing esp. the top one, wowee love them :) Viv xx

Susan said...

Anne, these are GORGEOUS! LOVE the scene cards...but the embossed one is fabulous!!

Susan said...

These are all so beautiful!! I especially love the butterflies!!