Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Make It Monday 60

I'm back this morning to share two cards I made for the PTI Make It Monday challenge at Capture the Moment.  I haven't played along with this challenge in ages. The technique for this week is generational stamping.  I've never heard that term, but it's something I do often.  Essentially you just stamp an image repeatedly without re-inking.

As I was looking through my PTI stamps, I thought this technique would work well with leaves so I used Out on a Limb and Out on a Limb Additions.  I sponged some blue ink on a piece of white cardstock before stamping the branches.  Then I used a single leaf from the additions set, inked in red brick, and stamped repeatedly along the branch before re-inking. 



For my second card, I chose to use a branch from Hero Arts delicate leaf clusters along with a PTI sentiment.  I masked a narrow strip near the bottom before stamping the branch repeatedly.  This card is more subtle than the first, as the second time stamping produced a very light image.  I peeled back the mask, stamped the sentiment, and scored a line along the top and bottom of the masked area.  I sponged a little ink around the edges and mounted it on PTI ripe avocado.



17 comments:

carolanne said...

I love these! The Fall leaves look especially beautiful!

Riette said...

Both cards are stunning. It's very much my style too. I'm putting more stamp sets on my wish list!

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful cards Ann. I love the colours on the first one.
xx

Rosemary said...

stunning cards, ann!!

victoria h said...

Leaves do work perfectly. Great cards, liking your masking and scoring on the 2nd card for the sentiment.

Kanani said...

Your cards turned out FABULOUS! Love the use of Out on a Limb!

Judy1223 said...

Ann, both cards are beautiful! I especially love the clean lines and white space on the first card...the leaves look like they would on a real tree in the fall, great color variations by re-stamping without re-inking. So pretty!

Heather T said...

So pretty. I love all the white space around the delicate leaves and in the second card your colour scheme is calm and soothing.

Colleen said...

Two beautiful cards! I love the added detail of the scoring on the second card.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Love these cards, great masking in the HA leaf card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours you chose, and the elegant final effects :)

StephH said...

Oh, what a wonderful set to use for this technique! Out on a Limb is one of my favorites. Both of your cards are simply beautiful!

Monica said...

How pretty is that... both lovely but the first one is my fave.

Monica xxx

Jenny said...

Love this technique for leaves...it's lke looking up through the branches to the sky :0)
Two gorgeous cards :0)
Jenny x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love them both, Ann! Perfect for the inspiration binder!

Jen W. said...

These are stunning! I especially love the first one. :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Simply fabulous cards! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!