Monday, June 13, 2011

Make It Monday 19 - CAS Teacher Thank You Cards

The Make it Monday challenge at Capture the Moment is to use the rock and roll stamping technique.

My kids have two days of school before summer vacation and I was in need of some super quick teacher thank you cards. I pulled out the apple in the fruit fusion mini apple set and used the rock and roll technique with yellow and red Brilliance ink. I rolled more heavily in the red than I would normally do, but it gives just a little yellow highlight to the apple that I love.



I made two CAS cards on white PTI cardstock. On one I used the apple die and popped it up on dimensionals. On the other I simply stamped straight onto the card base. I made a third card with some red and yellow layering, but I have to say I prefer the bright pop of color on the simple white cards best.




Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI fruit fusion: apple, Stampa Rosa sentiment
Ink: Brilliance rocket red, sunflower yellow, pearlescent ivy

5 comments:

Jenny said...

They're all excellent cards Anne, love the shading on the apple and the CAS design :) My two wish they were finishing school for summer this week...they have to wait until 21st July!
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

The first and second of these are my favourites but they're all great. The rock and roll technique works brilliantly with the apple. Vx

Lisa Elton said...

Both of your cards are great,you've executed the technique so well! I used the apple stamp/die on my card too, loving the set!!!

Teresa said...

What a great clean card. Your apple looks good enough to eat.

Kim S said...

This card is truly wonderful! I had seen it on PTI's facebook post, then I later realized that you have actually been on my blog commenting! I am sorry that I haven't been over to your blog sooner because you have a fabulous style. I'm enjoying reading back through your posts and look forward to future cards!