Thursday, April 21, 2011

OLW # 50

This week Susan asks us to use an old stamp to make a thank you card for One Layer Wednesday # 50. The stamp I chose is like an old friend and I'm comfortable with it. It was fun to use it in a new way on a new card. I'm much happier with this card than I am with my cards for last week's OLW, using stamps I'm still getting to know! :)


I used a favorite old flower stamp from Rubber Soul. I was sad when I discovered that my small town stamp shop had closed a few months ago. Now I have to drive to Michaels or JoAnns, about half an hour away. Woe is me! :)

I stamped the flower across the card, masking each flower as I went. I used red and turquoise, not a color combination I usually think of for a floral card. I like the results and it brings back memories of my Great Aunt Marie who spent most of her adult life in the Southwest; she always wore these colors. I thought about adding some bling, but the center of the flower is so detailed and lovely that I left it as is.


I've been so busy lately I've hardly had time to stamp at all. The spare moments I have had I've spent in my garden pulling weeds. We've finally seen the sun for a few days in a row, so planting time must be just around the corner!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Ink: VersaMagic Chalk red brick and turquoise gem
Stamps: Rubber Soul, PTI sentiment

7 comments:

Lisa A. said...

This is very pretty!! Great job with your masking and love how you tucked the sentiment in the curved line of the flowers...wonderful!!

Lynne said...

Such a pretty card. I love the colours you`ve used.
Lynne xxx

Bonnie said...

I love the turquoise and red together and the way you layout!

G Peplow said...

Hello there, your confidence shows in your card, it looks confident too, great stamping and masking, love the colours, well done, I love it:0) xxx

Jenny said...

Beautiful card and a lovely stamp you've used, I'm still rumaging for the right image from my older stamps :)
Jenny x

Susan said...

You did a great job with the masking and that really is a pretty stamp!

Jenny said...

Hiya me again. I've left you an award on my blog, hope you like it and take part in blog awards...no worries if not. Just letting you know that I love following your blog and your CAS style of crafting :)
Jenny x