Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays 30

It's a tic-tac-toe board at CAS-ual Fridays this week, and participants get to choose their favorite rows to work with.  I chose the middle vertical row: polka dots, kraft, and orange. 

A local beekeeper generously gave me some beeswax recently, and my two Girl Scout troops melted it down and hand-dipped beautiful beeswax candles.  I wanted to make a special thank you card for him.  It was a bit tricky to make a masculine card using flowers and bees, and I wouldn't normally do such a thing.  However, seeing as Henri is a beekeeper and I was thanking him for beeswax, I felt the flowers and bees would be appropriate.

I used kraft card stock and a piece of fairly rustic polka dotted orange paper from my scrap bin to paper piece the flower.  The stem is also paper pieced using a scrap of dark green polka dotted paper.  Frankly, the bee is just too darn cute to be masculine, but how could I leave her off?  :)




Together with the notes my Girl Scouts made for Henri, I think this will be quite a nice thank you for a special gift.  Thanks for visiting today!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI kraft, scraps from scrap bin
Stamps: Hero Arts be happy, PTI mega mixed messages
Ink: Memories black

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is perfect and not girly at all, love it.

Anonymous said...

I think this is just perfect and very gorgeous! xx

Judy1223 said...

I love that flower and bee...always have but for some reason I never bought them. Your card makes me wish I had! So cute!

Laura Davis said...

Soooo sweet!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Rosemary said...

super cute card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!!

Virginia L. said...

Love your design with this adorable stamp set from Hero Arts. The bee hive is darling!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous thank you card! Love how you achieved a masculine card using bees & flowers, it's perfect, I'll bet he loved it!