Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CAS-ual Friday CFC11

The theme for CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week is Sweets & Treats, and I'm just squeaking in on the last day. We are to make a clean and simple card using something sweet.

My stamp collection is fairly limited in this category. I have a couple of cupcake stamps, but I wanted to do something I hadn't done before, so I decided to make an ice cream cone. I drew my cone and ice cream scoop by hand and cut them out. I scored lines on the cone with my scoring board and stitched some seed beads onto the scoop for sprinkles.



I didn't have an appropriate sentiment, so I ended up using two from from PTI Mega Mixed Messages to make my own. The Sweet is from Sweet Baby. I just masked off the baby before stamping.

I'm somewhat pleased with how this card turned out, but I'm not thrilled with the shape of my ice cream scoop. I'll probably fiddle some more with it. Or else I'll just go stamp shopping! :)



Supplies:
Paper: PTI white, pink from scrap box
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages

Ink: Color Box Chestnut Roan
Other: seed beads, Martha Stewart edge punch
, scoring board

5 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Wow, hand drawn and cut! What a GREAT ice cream cone! Very sweet card...good luck with the challenge!
Judy

Jenny said...

I think it's a fab cone...one of those short cup types, love the soft pink icecream scoop and sprinkles:)
My advice is...Go stamp shopping anyway, who needs a reason??
Jenny x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A FAB card, when I saw it I thought it was done by a Cricut or some other machine, great work, love it.

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautifully made Ann and quite delicious looking! I'm with Jenny - stamp shopping is fun!

Laura Davis said...

Suoer cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura