Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Less is More 54

Ack!  The Less is More challenge is a toughie this week: one layer card and stripes.  I love one-layer cards, but the stripe part threw me.  Not having lots of stripes in my stash, I used a stamp from PTI Round and Round to create rainbow stripes.  I'm linking this one up to One-Layer Wednesday, as well, since it definitely has more than five circles.

The stamp consists of two rows of circles and dots.  I inked each dot separately and the Memento teardrop shape sure came in handy for that.  It also helped that I finally cleaned my gridded acrylic block.  It was so inky I could hardly see the grid lines. :) 


I also made a quick Valentine using a striped bee from the Hero Arts be happy set.  I made the sentiment on the computer.  Not much to say about this one, except that the wings are colored with a Sakura sparkle pen, so they have a nice sparkle to them.


Supplies:
Paper: PTI white
Stamps: PTI round and round, Hero Arts be happy
Ink: Memento

19 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Both fab cards. Love your rainbow dotty stripes and the cute little bee :o) Lisa x

Deborah Frings said...

Love the dotty stripes and the rainbow colours - so pretty! The little Bee mine card is just so sweet! Great work!

Scrapmate said...

Both of these are great but I love the first one the most.

Jenny said...

Your rows of dots look so cheerful Ann, great take on the challenge with both cards.... the striped bees my favourite :0)
Jenny x

Margaret said...

Fabulous cards, hard to pick a favourite
Margaret x

Jessi Fogan said...

I looooove rainbows, always, and a one-layer rainbow? Awesome! Also good to know that I'm not the only one who procrastinates on cleaning off my clear blocks!
Love the cute little bee - and my Sakura stardust pen. I use that on everything :)

Angelnorth said...

Great cheerful stripes and your bee card is super-cute!

Anja said...

I love these cute little bee!!!
Anja

Rosemary said...

both cards are just adorable, ann!! and my hat is off to you for stamping all those tiny little dots!!

Mandi said...

Brilliant cards Ann
Love the colours of the first
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

Your cards are perfect for "Simplicity," Ann. I can't decide which I like better, but I'm leaning, of course, towards the whimsical schweet bee!

Chrissie said...

I'm glad we got you thinking Ann and you certainly came up trumps with these two beauties!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Not one but two great cards for the challenge. The rainbow dots/stripes make such a happy card and the bee is just plain cute! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the dots so colourful and the bee's face has a lovely expression, both great cards

G Peplow said...

Brilliant! Love the dotty stripes, perfect for both challenges! That bee is so cute , love the clean simplicity xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Plenty of one layer stripiness going on here Ann and one layer circle-ness too! I love them both.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are both wonderful Ann! The first is so happy - love the rainbow effect. The bee is adorable and perfect CAS!

Sally H said...

Two fabulous cards, Ann. Love that first one - inspired!

Susan said...

Ann, these are both great cards! I don't think I could pick a favorite..they're both fab!