Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Less is More 102

It's a tricky one at Less is More this week.  The challenge is a one-layer card with a sports or exercise theme.  I couldn't think of a single sports or exercise image in my collection besides a bicycle.  However, I do have a little set from Amuse called sports words.  It has a single star image and a variety of sports-related sentiments such as go team, way to go, and super star.

I made two small notecards.  For the first card I repeated one sentiment (Way to go!) several times creating three lines of text across the card.   On the second card I lined up three different sentiments to create my lines of text.  Using a gridded block made pretty quick work of this.  I stamped the star image in Memento cantaloupe, which I love.



It just so happens that my soon to be 11-year old daughter is playing basketball this winter for the first time ever, so one of these cards will be for her.  I think it can be scary to try something new, especially as one gets older.  We're proud of her for stretching herself quite a bit with this.  Most of the girls on her team were new, too, so she didn't feel way behind.  Unfortunately, though, they're playing some very experienced teams.  They had their first game last Saturday and they lost big time, as in 64-4! They sure learned a lot, though. :)

Thanks for your visit!

Ann

13 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, what a shellacking, poor thing! I'm a firm believer that these are the things that give us courage, however. Hard as it is at the mo-mo and I know as parents, it's killer to watch your kids "learn." Gosh, I don't even know her and I'm so PROUD of her!

Now about your cards, Ann. I'd say you took your non-sport set and just shellacked the heck out of the competition!!

Kathyk said...

Wow heck of a score but well done for your daughter and her novice team mates for "giving it their all".

Smashing card too

Kathyk

Jenny said...

These are both cool cards Ann, love the repeating text through the stars.... I need to try that colour memento too :0)
I don't know much about basketball but that does sound like a hammering, still as you say, some good lessons learnt :0)
Jenny x

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous, ann!! perfect take on the LIM challenge!

Viv said...

Gorgeous cards, awww your poor daughter though....better luck to them next time though :) Viv xx

lostinpaper said...

Clever take on the challenge Ann, LoVe them both!

Chrissie said...

This is really great Ann!
It shows inventiveness and initiative not to be beaten by a challenge subject!
These are super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Two lovely cards and what a great idea!

Susan said...

Now this is what I call thinking "outside the box"!!! You did GREAT!! Love both of these and they are perfect for encouraging your daughter! I'd be proud of her too! My 7 year old granddaughter is playing basketball this year and her team got trounced this past weekend too...but...it was a great learning experience!

Anonymous said...

Great lateral thinking with these fab cards, Ann ... and well done to your daughter and team for playing against the odds ... they made that important first step! Anita :)

Viv said...

Great cards - perfect!

Jen Nelson said...

great take ann... so glad you found a way round it

Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Paula Pascual said...

So lovely. Clean and crisp!